Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Easy Easter Salad Recipe and Eye Appointment

This salad can be for anything, not just Easter. I often make it for company. But, I will not touch it. 

can green/English peas, well drained
diced cheese, I use cheddar
diced tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
Tablespoon of Miracle Whip or Mayonaisse 

Put all in a serving bowl and stir, chill or not, serve. Use more or less dressing or another kind of dressing if you prefer. This is always eaten. 

I hate peas and have found I am allergic to peas. So, this is just an easy dish for company. I dice the cheese, but you could as easily buy diced cheese. I always make this the day of the meal. It is best that way.  However, it is not so complex that you even have to think. A sous chef who is ten-years-old can probably make this, but maybe not opening a can or dicing. Don't overstir and mush the peas. You can even mix other three ingredients and add peas last.

From my oral surgery, I had hydrocodone pills left, five. So, I took one Wednesday  night and slept from 10:30 pm  until 8 am or so on Wednesday. Don't worry, I only have four more, so there is no danger from opiod addiction. 

Thursday morning, I went for eye exam and a medical eye appointment. My vision has barely changed. But, I am getting new lens since I can tell I do not see as well. And, I am to wear sunglasses outdoors and avoid uv light as in bulbs for the sake of my macula, I think. Now, I have an appointment with a Retina specialist. Oh, there are no changes in my eyes due to diabetes. I am thankful for that.

I could not go and look at frames because of covid. Two other people were ahead of me. Since I did not want to just sit, we came home. I can buy frames anywhere. 

I may not have mentioned it, but I had a little swollen place near the inner corner of my eye on the top lid. It interfered with my vision at its largest. The doctor said a year ago that it was a sty. Nothing seemed to help. Well, as soon as I got the medical eye appointment, it started getting smaller. The doctor said it was hard to diagnose when he could not see it. When he stretched my eyelid, he said he could see something. So, that is that, except for the fact it has receded before and then become larger.  

Even though I had the glasses inserts after having my eyes dilated, the sun was too bright on the ride home. 

Now that the second covid vaccine is in sight I am going to make appointments that I have postponed for a year. I have two lined up already.

While I was in Cullman, I found out that someone I have known for a long time, but not well had a stroke, is blind in one eye, and had to move in with his mother. That is sad as he was about 20 years younger than I. Hopefully, he recovers and can resume life. But, I suppose going bling after a stroke means he will not recover his eyesight. 

Dinner is in the oven--meatloaf in bell pepper and cooked in tomato sauce with diced tomato. Tommy will have peas and tomatoes. I will have a bit of salad greens. 

Does the salad above sound good to you?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar